|Carrièreniveau:||Professional (>6 jr.)|
What's your job?
As a Central Buyer Iron Ore Procurement, you deliver Iron Ore in the categories Pellets, Sinterfeed and Pelletfeed with the greatest value to the Company in a sustainable way, seeking to outperform our stakeholders expectations. You will build your knowledge by analysing market data both in iron ore and coal in depth. You will find new suppliers and cover multiple existing accounts.
Category Strategy & Target Setting
End User Involvement
- You identify and maintain awareness of the overall market & business needs and help develop the Group wide Category Strategy.
- You analyze market and supplier data, interpret trends and report to stakeholders.
Source to Contract
- You create and manage an end user/stakeholder network to capture and document business/hub requirements and to assess and challenge requirements to create value.
- Develop the implementation plan and lead the network of stakeholders to deliver change.
- You approach the market in a consistent and rigorous manner to find new sources, building the TSG 7 step sourcing process.
- You manage the international supplier base in a proactive manner to guarantee security of supply of category products/services.
- You lead negotiations with international suppliers and ensure competitive delivered value-in-use with continuous improvement.
Supplier Relationship Management
- You manage supplier contracts.
- You resolve contract disputes and performance issues.
- You Manage the purchase to pay process.
Management of Support Networks
- You define the nature of appropriate relationships with suppliers.
- You hold regularly reviews with suppliers regarding opportunities for performance improvement, enhanced joint working and TCO initiatives.
- You track and report supplier performance (delivery, quality, etc.) and drive CI.
- You perform supplier/category appraisal with regard to financial stability, long term capacity issues, under/over reliance to particular sources of supply on an annual basis.
- You perform contingency planning for known risks.
- Project Management and co-ordination, where applicable, of TCO activities. E.g. running TCO/SM&D workshops, Lean reviews, Value chain mapping exercises etc.
- You provide reporting to plan regarding status, area of success, planned activities and concerns utilizing standard templates designed for this purposes.
- You set out and manage the support networks with entities and business units to ensure the category is effectively managed from strategic to operational level and improves with regard to Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Work closely with regional and local networks within TSG Procurement to ensure purchasing activities support global strategy.
- Ensure accurate and detailed reporting of costs and forecasts at Group and entity level.
Is this you?
- You are a commercial professional with a thorough knowledge of supply chain management, relationship management, supplier development and continuous improvement.
- You have gained at least five years of experience in a multi-national commercial environment with a track record of success in implementing sourcing strategies, drafting and finalizing contracts, maximising value for diverse business requirements and objectives and developing successful strategic supplier relationships, solving problems creatively when required.
- You are teamplayer with positive attitude, strong numerical, analytical, negotiating and communication skills, strategic vision.
- You have a Master degree level with preferably extra qualification in business such as an MBA.
- You are able to represent Tata Steel at all levels with suppliers and to lay out a clear vision and intent of Tata Steel’s strategy.
- You have experience at developing cross cultural, international networks to achieve business goals and manage risks.
- You are able to work in multi-national, multi-disciplinary teams with matrix structures.
- You are flexible in both time and travel.
What do we offer?
A unique role at a global player in the industry. A job where you will find everything to make your work interesting. You can also expect:
- One-year contract with the possibility for a permanent position.
- Plenty of growth opportunities within Tata Steel.
- A market conform salary.
- A variable profit sharing bonus, fixed end 2 % end of year bonus 2% and 8% holiday allowance.
- Minimum of 26 vacation days and 11.5 days ADV.
- Excellent benefits including an average salary scheme pension.
- Flexible working schedule.
What's your department?
The strategic procurement department is responsible for major expenses within Tata Steel Europe, 60% of the steel business turnover is spent on input costs. The Strategic Procurement Tata Steel Group function takes care of the Raw Materials, Shipping and Logistics, Industrial Gases and IT procurement for two integrated steel plants in India and two in Europe. The accurate forecasting of input costs and the current and future supply/demand balance is a key driver of our steel pricing policy. The department is located in India, Singapore, UK and the Netherlands.
Apply or learn more?
Do you want to become our new Central Buyer Iron Ore? Please apply directly by using the apply button.
For more information about the job, please contact Nico Diroë, Corporate Recruiter at phone number +31 251-494 000.
An assessment can be part of the application process.
Is deze vacature niet geschikt voor jou, maar ken je iemand die perfect in dit profiel past? Stuur deze vacature gerust door.