|Disciplines:||Techniek & Engineering|
|Career level:||Professional (> 6 jaar)|
|Final apply:||15-02-2019|Will you be our new Customer Technical Services colleague with a Quality Mindset, commercial affinity for our Automotive Customers and able to represent the ‘Voice of the Customer’?
What's your job?
As Customer technical Support Engineer you are responsible for giving technical advice to Automotive customers, notably about the interaction between our (Tata) products and their (Customer) processes. In addition, you are responsible for expressing the ‘Voice of the Customer’ to the manufacturing hubs, thereby directly influencing the outcome of Automotive Customers’ technical customer satisfaction.
Your customers are existing customers with whom Tata has forged long term commitments. In order to achieve the goals set by various stakeholders such as Tata’s Sales & Marketing department, Tata’s Manufacturing hubs and Automotive customers, you will be required to regularly meet with the Tata departments involved and to travel to customers on a frequent basis.
You are (the):
- First point of contact should technical issues arise at your Customer
- Technical Account team member responsible for all quality issues and the implementation of new products at the Customer
- Tata’s eyes and ears at your customer regarding all matters regarding technical services and improvements both now and longer term
- Responsible for product approval and new product release with regard to new products and manufacturing processes for your accounts
- In contact with your customer on a frequent basis, and in case of urgency you are expected to travel to the customer on the spot
- Responsible for a smooth complaint handling and leading problem solving activities together with the manufacturing hubs
- Capable of determining whether the root cause of quality issues originate at the customer’s process or at the steel production process. For both cases, you are capable of supporting the customer in eliminating the problem, focusing on processing of Tata Steel products at the customer’s shop floor.
- Able to determine how to assist the customer from a technical point of view, to become better in their processes
Furthermore you are required to advise on product improvements, striving to continuously match customer expectations with an improved product performance as well as advising our Sales and Marketing colleagues about how improvements in product mix may be made to increase technical customer satisfaction.
Is this you?
The role of Support Engineer is of enormous strategic value in our organisation, which is why we are looking for a professional with multidisciplinary skills:
- You have a technical background, preferably at MSc level in Metallurgy, Material Science or another strong technical equivalent
- You have experience or strong affinity in/ with the automotive industry.
- You have a strong a strong quality mindset, combined with an affinity for commerce
- You are pro-active and are comfortable taking the initiative
- You have a service oriented mindset, focusing on aiding customers in order to develop themselves in their market
- You are willing to travel
- You are flexible and are able to quickly learn about customers’ processes and implement these learnings in our own processes, and vice versa.
- Your continuous improvement mindset comes naturally to you
- You are fluent in English and French or German. Fluency in Italian is big plus.
What do we offer?
- One-year contract with the possibility to permanent.
- A wide range of development and growth opportunities within Tata Steel.
- Very interesting secondary terms such as a variable profit sharing and a fixed end-of-year bonus of 2% and 8% holiday allowance.
- minimum of 25 vacation days and 11.5 days ADV.
- Excellent benefits including a beneficial pension scheme.
- A competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Flexible working hours and a good work/life balance.
- A role in which you can be a company expert by bringing forth technological insights based on detailed research analyses. These insights are utilized in innovative process and product development projects.
- Plenty of growth opportunities within Tata Steel.
What's your department?
Customer Technical Services (CTS) is part of the larger Technical department on the IJmuiden site. CTS is responsible for product quality at the customer and for technical services for and with the customer. CTS works in close cooperation with other similar departments in other manufacturing hubs and operate on a European level. An intensive cooperation in a multidisciplinary account team ensures and continuously improves the Tata customer experience.
Apply or learn more?
Are you excited about this job? Apply via the application button and do not forget to include your motivational letter. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Jerrol Spier, Corporate Recruiter, phone 0251-494685.
An assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Is this job not suitable for you, but do you know someone who fits perfectly? Please share this vacancy.
Good choice, you have applied! We are going to review your application and contact you as soon as possible.
2. First interview
We already know a lot about you, but we would also like to know you personally and hear from you why you think you are fit with us.
3. Follow-up interview(s)
There are more colleagues who would like to get to know you. We would also like to take this opportunity to show you more about us.
4. Contract proposal
Nice, you are just ahead of the start of a new challenge. Because of our own Tata Steel cao we offer you a good employment package, which we would like to explain in a personal conversation.
Congratulations, we have become colleagues! Getting acquainted with the special world of steel production can start now.