|Disciplines:||Techniek & Engineering|
|Career level:||Mid-career (3-5 jaar)|
© OpenStreetMap contributors
You now have the opportunity to become an Advisory Engineer into the role of Customer Technical Services at our Colors site in IJmuiden.
What's your job?
As an Advisory Engineer you develop, maintain and assume responsibility for the technical relationship with assigned customers. You represent the customer within the Colors organisation and provide technical services to our customers and internal organisation including complaint handling. Next to that you contribute to the market policy of the account team you are part of together with colleagues from commercial and supply chain.
Your key accountabilities, will include but not be limited to the following:
- Capture customer requirements and translate these into a technical specification related to Colors IJmuiden and Maubeuge manufacturing and product capabilities.
- You support customers to develop themselves in their market from a quality and technological perspective.
- Frequently to visit customers together with the account manager to support growth in value added products at to collect new market opportunities for our Colors business
- To advice in case of doubts on the quality of material produced.
- Investigation of customer complaints and deciding on the technical validity.
- You initiate countermeasures and containment actions of material at risk in cooperation with the local quality departments.
- You liaise with experts across Tata Steel Netherlands like R&D, the Colors sites, local technical and commercial departments.
- You execute data analysis to develop knowledge useful to identify the root cause and impact of a problem.
- You assist during the implementation stage of the corrective actions.
Is this you?
To be considered for this opportunity, you need to be able to develop an understanding of the Colors TSN specifications and a good understanding of the site specific processes.
- You have a technical background, minimum MSc / BSc in Metallurgy, Material Science, Chemistry, Engineering or another strong technical equivalent.
- You are pro-active and are comfortable taking the initiative.
- You are willing to travel.
- You are flexible and are able to quickly learn about customer processes and implement these learnings in our own processes, and vice versa.
- By preference living in the region of IJmuiden, however living in an area where many of our customers are located is also acceptable, provided you frequently visit the IJmuiden and Maubeuge offices.
- Command of the German language is a plus.
What do we offer?
<Hieronder een aantal voorbeelden, selecteer wat van toepassing is, pas de volgorde aan op wat voor deze vacature relevant is en vul aan wat ontbreekt>
- One-year contract with the possibility to permanent.
- A wide range of development and growth opportunities within Tata Steel.
- Very interesting secondary terms such as a variable profit sharing and a fixed end-of-year bonus of 2% and 8% holiday allowance.
- A minimum of 37 vacation days.
- minimum of 26 vacation days and 11.5 days ADV.
- Excellent benefits including a beneficial pension scheme.
- A competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- A salary that depends on your education and experience up to € 6700 gross per month.
- Flexible working hours and a good work/life balance.
- A role in which you can be a company expert by bringing forth technological insights based on detailed research analyses. These insights are utilized in innovative process and product development projects.
- Plenty of growth opportunities within Tata Steel.
- Variable bonus, fixed end of the year bonus of 2% and 8% holiday allowance.
What's your department?
Our ambition is to service the customer in their own language to maximise the intimacy and understanding of their requirements. The team consists of professionals with different cultural backgrounds. Most of us are based in IJmuiden and Maubeuge, but a fair share is based in different countries across Europe such as Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Sweden, UK and Turkey. In the end we all service many of the same Colors customers who are also present in these countries. The cooperation between us can be described as warm, personal and high performing. We are always willing to help each other to do our best for our customers and our company. It is very rewarding work, and fun to do.
Customer Technical Services (CTS) is part of the larger Technical department on the IJmuiden site. CTS is responsible for product quality at the customer and for technical services towards the customer. CTS represents the manufacturing hubs at the customer, and the customer at the manufacturing hubs. CTS is the technical voice of the customer for the local technical departments. CTS works in close cooperation with other departments such as Commercial, Technical, R&D, Customer Services and Logistics and operates on a Global level. Intensive cooperation via multidisciplinary account teams ensures and aligns the total Tata customer experience.
- Customers are assigned to the CTS team members in consultation with the team. In assigning customers various factors are taken into account including contribution to Colors TSN commercial goals and company needs. The individual Advisory Engineer preferences and competences, equal sharing of the workload and the need to balance specialization versus flexibility.
- Next to individual specialization, team members must develop a working knowledge of other applications and markets. This enables Advisory Engineers assisting each other and thus ensures team stability and CTS continuity during peak times and in periods of short or long absence of team members.
- CTS cooperates intensively with the quality department, manufacturing, account administration and commercial. Customer relationship is handled in teamwork with the account manager and the sales coordinator.
- CTS team members may be required to assist Advisory Engineers based on other sites.
- The Advisory Engineer is a native speaker of the leading language in a home market (The Netherlands / The Nordics / Germany). For communication within the company and with foreign customers at least a B2 level in English is required. Advisory Engineers who work mainly with German speaking customers must master the German language at least at B2 level as well.
Apply or learn more?
Are you excited about this job? Apply via the application button and do not forget to include your motivational letter. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact David Jonker, Corporate Recruiter, phone 0251-91053.
An assessment may be part of the application procedure.
Is this job not suitable for you, but do you know someone who fits perfectly? Please share this vacancy.
Good choice, you have applied! We are going to review your application and contact you as soon as possible.
2. First interview
We already know a lot about you, but we would also like to know you personally and hear from you why you think you are fit with us.
3. Follow-up interview(s)
There are more colleagues who would like to get to know you. We would also like to take this opportunity to show you more about us.
4. Contract proposal
Nice, you are just ahead of the start of a new challenge. Because of our own Tata Steel cao we offer you a good employment package, which we would like to explain in a personal conversation.
Congratulations, we have become colleagues! Getting acquainted with the special world of steel production can start now.